Thursday, September 24, 2009

Seek, and ye shall find

In the last week I've run into three different mentions of freelance editing (for individuals). Last week, a man in the writers' group I meet with mentioned that he'd met someone who'd just paid over $2000 to have his novel professionally edited (ah, there's my sticking point--does it count if I'm a published writer whose editor is thrilled at how little editing she has to do?). Two days ago, a friend I haven't talked to in several months saw an ad on craigslist looking for an editor...and thought to get in touch with me (in general, not to pass on the information, but still...). Yesterday, flipping through a regional green/alternative wellness/etc magazine someone gave me a couple of weeks ago, I saw an ad for a woman who does that sort of editing.

I'm in a space where it's hard for me to interpret anything as a sign (although winning the lottery would be a good one!), but still...the definition of synchronicity is meaningful coincidence....

No comments:

Post a Comment