Saturday, September 5, 2009

The karma of karma

Like the car alarm that bellows "step away from the car."

Step away from the karma. Basically, karma is consequence. This life, past life, next life, our actions are connected by the energy we put into them.

So why do we (or maybe it's just "I") treat it like it's the guiding principle of our lives?

Why do we insist on paying for past sins a hundred times over instead of atoning and moving on? If my "karma" is to be a victim, because I was an abuser in a past life (as I've seen/heard people say), do I have to continue being a victim? Will I then be an abuser in the next round, to "make up for" whatever happened this time?

Or do I say, with love, this serves no purpose. I release myself from this karma, I release you from this karma. If I must atone for my abuses, I choose to choose a different path--not of victim, but of healer, protector.

Abuser/victim is an "obvious" example, but by no means the only one. I'm also not assuming abuser/victim relationships exist only because someone is working out karma. But I don't think I am irrevocably tied to my past in a way that keeps me from making different choices.

Granted, I'm a little old to become a ballerina, but I can still dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment