Friday, August 21, 2009

Shake up the energy

That's what I call it: shaking up the energy. When I'm feeling stuck, that things aren't changing, I try to change the point from which I'm viewing my life. No, I don't mean looking for optimism (although if I'm thinking negatively, I try to avoid the subjects I view with negativity and just concentrate on the things I can think positively about until I'm out of the funk).

I mean physically changing my perspective. I started attending a weekly meditation circle a couple of months ago to expand the circle of people I was spending time with and to change the way I was meditating. Added a writers meetup monthly to ensure I was spending more time with writers, but also with writers not writing in my genre. Spend more time with friends.

In a way, I view it as the same as changing an exercise routine--sometimes you need to change what you're doing in order to move forward faster.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing how we eventually circle our way to that which makes us happier?

    ReplyDelete