Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Intention: Focus

Yesterday at one of the conference sessions, we were listening to a leader from a large local company talk about corporate responsibility, and something he said really resonated with me on a personal level. He laid out the areas his company keeps at the forefront of their mission, and spoke of one of them as being truly central. Everything they do comes back to, is evaluated in the light of, this particular part of their mission. Everything.

I've done personal mission statements before, although it's not one of my favorite activities. How do you boil every part of your life down to one core mission? Perhaps it requires a big enough mission: save the planet, serve Spirit, entertain, heal, share knowledge, inspire creative people. Something like that. Substitute the word "intention" if you like.

And then, no matter what your mission is, bring everything you do back to that. Intention: live a life that is consciously sane. If you know what constitutes 'sanity' for you (or me, since this is my intention)--physical, mental, and emotional well-being, connection to inspiration (connected to Spirit), healing, creative and independent--then you do your best to consciously bring it all back to those points, those core values, asking yourself: am I awake in the world? am I connected? does this serve to make me healthy, happy, feeling the love? does this further one of my mundane goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment