Wednesday, October 28, 2009

More on what I'm doing here....

I've been thinking today about several of the blogs I sporadically follow. Incurably curious as I am, I find the Internet to be endlessly fascinating in the amount of information it's possible to access, so "sporadically" is pretty typical of my browsing habits....so maybe I'm hitting the wrong sites, but here's what I noticed: 99.9% (or maybe 100%--I certainly can't think of any exceptions now) of the blogs and websites I see are very focused. Money. Weight loss. Goal achieving. Simplicity. Spirituality.

I want all these things. Health. Fitness (physical and financial). A spirit-based life. And so on. Having chosen to communicate publicly about the journey, is there a reason I should limit myself to one aspect of it? Is it confusing to talk about the challenges and victories of all of it? And if not, why isn't anyone doing it? Or am I just missing something?

Or is there a way to organize the discussion so it makes some sense to someone besides me (and thus becomes more than a navel-gazing exercise)? Do I blog Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday on spiritual matters; Tuesday on financial sanity; Thursday on physical sanity; Saturday on all of it coming together? (Hey, actually, maybe that works....). Because that's the thing--I didn't start the blog to just randomly blather on about my life--I started it to hold myself accountable to myself, and maybe interact with some other people practicing their own style of sanity. And if ALL I focus on is meditation, and not on the growth I experience in other areas; or if ALL I focus on is my health, or ALL I focus on are my finances....at any point I'm focusing on only a portion of what conscious sanity/conscious living is--because to me (yours may be different) sanity comes from integrating all these parts of my life into a conscious whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment