Thursday, October 22, 2009

Be present

"...happy people...don't make taking care of themselves or taking care of their families something they have to get over with so they can get to the good stuff. Instead, they insist that this moment, whatever it is, is the good stuff." Colin Beavan, No Impact Man

"We're too busy becoming...to be." Dreamtrybe

And finally, off the top of my head, from Seth Godin's blog yesterday "Sometimes, the work is the work and the goal isn't to top what you did yesterday. Doing justice to the work is your task, not setting a world record."

I wonder how much time is wasted rushing through to get to "the good stuff." I don't mean as in "a stitch in time saves nine" time wasting, I mean as in...this is my life. Every moment, I'm living my life. How much of my own life do I miss trying to get somewhere else?

No comments:

Post a Comment