Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Speaking of dreams...

Moving off the topic of waking dreams (i.e. life) for a foray into the forest of sleeping dreams. The other night I had a post-apocalyptic dream of sorts--I have these every once in a while, and I value them because they open up possibilities of what we may be evolving toward. They almost always involve complete strangers to whom I become closely bonded; they are almost always communal in nature...almost like intentional communities, although not in the way we generally think of those.

I do not consider these dreams to be precognitive--they're far too removed from recognizable reality. Nor are they consistent in location or people--so if they're precognitive, it looks like I'll be moving around quite a bit! However, in them there is something of a consistency in feeling, of purpose, and I think THAT might be a possibility for us physically--to live in communities of like purpose, or perhaps like spiritual purpose--perhaps in groups who take responsibility for a particular area's restoration. Such a group might include energy healers who specialize in gardening, or botany; some who clear water or soil of toxins; some who heal people and animals; others who are involved in the arts or teaching or what have you. Very land-based, these dreams--rather like seeing bits of daily life in a very small (maybe a few hundred people, tops) village.

As most people who know me will tell you, I'm mildly allergic to very small towns, which makes these even more interesting to me.

How about you--any interesting dreams of possible futures?

No comments:

Post a Comment