Thursday, January 20, 2011

Doing it all at once

I feel like I've been bouncing around on the blog lately, trying to touch on this topic and that. Problem is, there's just so much to talk about, and I get on one topic and then start thinking I'm missing things. I think I'll just have to let it flow and get better at tagging so you can find what you need, when you get around to needing it.

Here's the thing. Or one of the things. There are a lot of pieces and parts that go into creating a life of purpose, and into creating a life of spiritual purpose and evolution. At its core, it's about the awareness of where you are, and what your part of the big picture is. It requires a willingness to examine your life, and to move on -- no "analysis paralysis." So even as I jump from clearing space to dreams to the other topics currently on my list, even as I think "wow, this is scattered," I realize they're all pieces of creating this life.

It is, in fact, all about the energy. It's about finding the vision, holding the vision, and getting rid of the things in your life--stuff, obligations, karma, people, whatever--that keep you from your vision.

It does NOT require you to go into seclusion in a mountain monastery (tempting as that might sound!); it doesn't require you to give away all your possessions and take up the life of a holy fool, or even a purposeful nomad--although that works beautifully for those people whose purpose that is.

All it requires is attention to detail, and THAT holds a lot of facets. So over the next several weeks, as we look at all the different kinds of energy, I'm going to try to be willing to go deeper into a given topic for several days running--hopefully you'll find it interesting; eventually, we'll move onto something else.

Tomorrow I'm going to go back to personal energy. We've touched some on clearing personal space (that is, your own energy) as well as the energy of your personal environment (that is, your house!), but I want to dig in a bit more into personal energy and spend several days looking at the chakra system.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I felt drawn, finally, to get started again with the Sevenfold Journey--of course, the journal I had started a few years ago (is it really nearly 7 years ago now?)is in a storage unit in Georgia--or maybe in a box of books stored at a friend's. ugh. I want my stuff, even if it is "Just stuff." But I guess I needed to address survival again. So chakras are right where I am. Now to find the time to do morning pages, writing, meditating, yoga, walking, reading, working, quilting, and oh, yes, spending time with my husband. Wonder if one could journey to meet with Jesus (see note on feeling overwhelmed with Christianity three years into this relatively isolated lifestyle. having a challenge practicing solitary. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete